Friday, May 23, 2008

Labor Day



I had a really funny story about Labor Day, but when I sat down to write I realized it's actually Memorial Day weekend (yeah I know this is one of those things you don't normally admit to out loud, but hey we're amongst friends-right?) Instead I will introduce you to two friends of mine-Mango and Flamingo. I believe they met last year at a Memorial Weekend "Workfest" and things have never been quite the same. Tune in Tuesday for new adventures of this weekends "Workfest 08."



On a serious note I will take some time on Monday (near the river, in my bathing suit and sunglasses) to think about all the men and women who have died serving our country. This used to be harder to do for someone my age (and yes yours too) as we could only imagine what wars were like and what it might have been like for someone to lose a son, daughter, spouse, child, grandchild or friend. Unfortunately many more of us now understand that loss as the men and women of America are dying again today. I will think of how these people believed in what they did and how they fought for our country--defending the freedoms of each of us and I will think of the families that have been left behind to get up and live another day. As they say "God Bless America"...please.

2 comments:

Nicki said...

Hysterical photo! That needs to be blown up!

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

I agree a good time to do a little reflecting...

Mango and Flamingo are Hotties!!!