Thursday, May 29, 2008

Just say no.


Why do people have such a hard time saying no? It's simple, repeat after me "No." See how easy that was? Now just don't do it at the wrong time-like if someone offers you a big diamond or a weekend of free babysitting (for some reason people actually say silly things like "No, really I couldn't" well, yeah really you could-say "Thank you" and walk away...fast before they change their mind). Everyone will tell you "Life is short," "There's not enough time." I say bullocks (that's not really swearing if you read it in the US is it?) life is actually quite long and we all have enough time to do what we choose to do. But we must choose the things that make us happy--and yes I get it, the laundry still needs to be done, the floors still need to be swept and someone needs to pick up treats for the school/office party. But guess what, if you don't do the laundry today it will still be there tomorrow (and we all have plenty of clothes to last a couple of days and hey you could always turn them inside out and have a whole new outfit!) If you don't wash the floors the dirt will still be there tomorrow and if you do wash the floors the dirt is going to be there again tomorrow anyway. If you don't buy the treats someone else will do it this time (or maybe everyone will lose a few ounces by skipping the treat all together). I said "No" (OK, maybe I just hid when I saw the PTO coming...thank God for caller id) to a few "opportunities" this year and guess what they still got accomplished (with out me, I know)!  There is power in the word no, try it with your kids or spouse-you don't always have to have a "head ache" just say "No" (then make them wait 10 seconds and say "Just kidding"). Oh, and by the way, can any one take my kids for the weekend?

1 comment:

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

jnAh yes. I agree. Easier said then done. Now tell me why you never say "NO" when I ask if you want another cocktail?