Monday, February 2, 2009

Wishy Washy.


I know everybody was excited for the Superbowl and people plan their day, weekend and vacations around the big day, but I just wasn't into it this year...until the game started. The plan was to hop on the snowmobiles (the Big Guy with the number one Wild One and me sandwiched between the other two Wild Ones...now that is a whole other story) and head down the luce line to the Ox Yolk Inn...not much of a sports bar...but we were not overly crazy about the game (between the 5 of us not one of "our teams" was playing). Well we got across the first field without dumping anyone, but soon saw smoke from one of the machines...time to go home and reassess. By a vote of 4-1 we ended up driving to the bar and getting a front row seat just as the game was starting. Dinner was good, but we had to get home for last minute homework and Monday morning preparations...so off we went. I was excited that Pittsburgh was winning...afterall I don't really like red and those Pennsylvania boys looked awfully cute in their tight yellow bloomers, but as we caught bits and pieces of the game at home I became sucked in and wanted to root for the underdog. I am a sucker that way. But in the end I knew I had chosen right (even if not for the right reasons). It would be a good day to be waking up in Pennsylvania to cheer on all the cute, young boys dressed in yellow...the only damper was Phil seeing his shadow.

1 comment:

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

Awwwa, I'm always a sucker for the under dog...