Thursday, February 5, 2009

Let's Talk Economy.

I know people are hurting, businesses are hurting...our country is hurting. I want it to be known that I am doing my part to make things better. I do not work...that leaves one more job open for someone else...and I spend money. Not just on things I need to survive like food and gas for my car (you know to get the Wild Ones to the doctor and such...cough...caribou), but on things like a new floral tea pot and a scarf to perk me up. I have a hundred dollar bill in my purse for such...emergencies. The problem is that no one will take a hundred dollar bill. I'm not kidding,  I have had this same Ben Franklin in my purse for months. Every time I find a little something to kick start the economy I fish it out, hand it over and am either asked, "Do you have something smaller?" or, "I'm sorry I don't have change for that." If businesses are hurting so badly for business, why won't they take my money? A girl can only do so much...of course all I have to do is whip out the plastic and put my friend away...see that is how I save money and stimulate the economy...all at the same time.

No comments: