Friday, February 20, 2009

Telepathy.


I have been trying something new. Instead of telling my family nicely (OK sometimes...like the fifth time...not so nicely) what I'd like them to do, I have just started thinking it.  Actually, I aim the thought at them like a ray from a Star Wars ship...maybe if I knew more about the rays or even what the ships are called my powers would be greater. I wonder if they have even noticed my "Stepford Wife" stare while I am doing this...or if they just think to themselves, "Oh mom's having another one of those moments...better steer clear." But, just this morning the wee Wild Ones picked up their dirty jammies and put their dishes in the dishwasher. Even the Big Guy is beginning to sway. As I was zipping my coat and pulling on my mittens, he offered to take the garbage down (no matter that he was still in his robe and I was already dressed like an Eskimo). I think I may be onto something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Use the force...I will!!