Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The stuff nightmares are made of.

I knew it would happen sooner or later. You can't have 4 kids (3 boys) and live small creepy crawler free for ever. Last night the tiny (hee, hee) Wild One and I had a "date" while the others were at football and soccer. I thought some ice cream and a walk around the lake sounded pretty good (that was after we first tried the batting cages...closed and the climbing wall...closed), but the Wild One had different images running through his head. Oh he still wanted ice cream, but he wanted to eat it in the car on the way to the pet store. We originally went in to look at the hermit crabs (the Wild Ones continually beg for a turtle and I continually say no as I have been told they stink no matter how religious you are with cleaning their cage and I'm guessing we wouldn't be so umm religious). After checking out all the "footballs" and "american flags" (I think there were creatures inside of them) the little one looks at me and says, "Well, I'll get one if you want me to." I guess they are not so appealing in person, although it is nice to know he likes to keep me happy. So we move on to the fish. He thinks maybe a beta and we talk about how he would have to feed it everyday. He thinks about that for a few seconds and says, "Maybe it wouldn't be hungry every day." We spend an hour looking at salt water fish (we don't have a tank), frogs (we have tons outside at home), turtles (still too stinky) and birds (too loud). I thought we were home free when I saw the empty reptile cages...until we turned the corner. Four huge tanks filled with lizards and snakes...tiny snakes...tons of them...wrapped all around each other...slithering all over...starring right at us (I think I can feel them slinking up my pant leg right now). I did my best impression of a good mother-I think I deserve an award. We counted them...try doing that when they are all in a big ball...we talked about the colors and had to look at the "cute" one trying to escape. After a while even the Wild One started to get creeped out. Once again on our way out...until we ran in to all the furry creatures. I don't mind looking at them as long as I don't have to touch them. Well the Wild One fell in love with a tiny little black and white mouse and I have to say I almost considered it. I talked him into going home and doing some internet research...we'll see how long that will last. This morning I decided to make some homemade waffles and almost broke my arm when I reached in for the cord and found this. Next time I think we'll try miniature golfing.

1 comment:

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

OMG! I was worried where that was going... Thought I might never be able to come to your house again. And for God's sake by a new waffle iron before you burn the damn place down.