Friday, September 26, 2008

The power of positive thinking.

A big shout out to my uncle "deUgliest" who is going under the knife today. Yep a little thing they call bypass, only not in his heart like you may be thinking...it's in his leg. So I say we all start thinking positive thoughts and sending them his way...and don't forget my aunt Maggie...the great woman behind the man. And I don't mean she walks behind him, she walks way out front and pulls him along...and he loves it...just look at that smile on his face. I can hear him saying, "God Mags I can't believe you had to drag me on this train adventure, I am having the time of my life and can't wait to get home to plan the next one!" He just wants everyone to think he has no sense of adventure (can't belong to Mavis and not have that gene), but I know better. He used to sneak me out of school when I was in 6th grade and let me hang out with him. I even helped him move one time to an undisclosed location...still can't tell you or I might self destruct. I will just think of this hospital stay as another adventure and can't wait to hear all the details of how they did the wrong leg...I mean...the crazy wheel chair rides (I'm sure Maggie is all over that one), the crabby nurses and the gourmet food. Loves your way from deKimbliest

Speaking of blood...yes we were--you know all the blood from the bypass...or at least the color red, check out the oldest Wild One on her first experience with middle school Homecoming, she stole her little brothers football practice jersey for school today cuz he wouldn't give up the real thing. GO SPARTANS!!!

1 comment:

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

Oh yes---happy, happy, happy thoughts coming Doug's way. Keep us posted!