Friday, September 19, 2008

Hey...ay baby.

You can stand me up at the gates of hell, but I won't back down. I was wearing my Tom Petty tank top last night when one of the Wild Ones came up to me with a quizzical look on his face and said, "You went to the Tom Petty concert?" Um yeah, like a month ago. Just shows you how anyone under the age of 28 lives in their own tiny little self defined world (and thinks that their mother is not quite cool enough to do those kinds of things).  But anyway, back to me.

It's crazy when you go to a concert and the guys on the stage could be your parents or in one case your grandparent. Of course it helps that you only feel like you are thirty and get confirmation from the young (stoned) guy next to you who freaks cuz he can't believe you've actually hit the big 4-0. The concert was fabulous and the people watching was wild-12 year olds to 70 year olds all in the same "room" swaying to the same tune. Of course my favorite part of the whole night was the school bus full of college boys that drove by as we were walking down Hennepin. One of the "boys" leaned out the window, pointed at me and yelled, "Hey, I'd do her." Yep, you heard it, I'm doable.

1 comment: