Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Looking for the perfect job.



You may know that I have been job searching since I graduated last May and you may know that I had many fun informational interviews and you may know that I have been working (on and off) part time for the Big Guy.  What you may not know is that I am dying to go back to work...as long as I can find my dream job.

Perhaps if I list my requirements you can all do a little "networking" for me--feel free to turn this into lunches out and happy hour meetings if that will help.  I encourage meeting with people at convenient and easy times.

Let's see...to start with I will need a job that fits my schedule.  I am available from 9:30 (as long as the office is close by--which should be another requirement) until about 3, but I may need two hours off for lunch.  You see the Big Guy likes to meet for lunch to "discuss" our "projects".  We usually meet for an hour and 15, plus I'd need travel time.  
 
I cannot possibly work weekends as there is always something going on like taking the Wild Ones skiing or getting ready for a night out.  And as summer approaches I must be available to help my good friends launch their boat--and I am usually in charge of catering for the outings. Which reminds me that on the weekday evenings that we go boating--I'd have to be able to leave early--ya know to do the shopping and cooking.

Then there is Monday--not available.  This is the day that I recover and regroup from the busy weekends. Actually Friday is not good either as I need to prepare for the busy weekends.  I need Tuesday mornings off for a little secret shopping I do and one Wednesday per month off to have my hair done.  Thursdays are generally open. OK, then there are all the days that the Wild Ones are out of school--like summers, the month of March and much of November and December--not to mention any sick days. 

Now that that is covered, my next requirement is that the work environment be fun and creative.  I don't really care what I do as long as I have the freedom to do it how I want to do it. If I am involved, it will probably involve something crafty (food, design, writing, pretty much anything--I am easy you know). I am a more productive worker when surrounded by excited creative people who love to play while at work--productively of course.

There it is!  Should be easy to find a position for someone like me with just two requirements. Go...have fun, have a cocktail and spread the word.

1 comment:

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

Hey do me a favor when you find that gig see if they need two people. I have just one additional requirement: at least 5 figures baby! Sign me up!