Thursday, April 17, 2008

Chatterbox...the pub, not me.

Just in time for spring...you have to check out this great pub.  AND they even have a location in St.Paul for those of you opposed to "west side" living.  A very campy place with gourmet bar food--they have blue paneling, vinyl bar stools and small lamps (cool pink or green shades) on the tables.

Totally a neighborhood bar perfect for dinner or drinks after a long walk or bike ride (really long if you live out by me)!  Stop in for a Carlsberg Elephant beer or a mug of Tzao tea and a game of boggle or atari (yeah for the 80's) or any of their hundreds (ok maybe not quite that many) board games.  What could be better than a little friendly competition and a "french kiss" (that's one of their specialty drinks or what you might get if you are lucky and find a new friend).

I couldn't decide what to order, so I asked the waiter (who seemed a part of the fixtures) which item he suggested out of a couple I was contemplating.  I may not be invited back--I didn't take his suggestion and he seemed irked that he took the time to "share" his opinion and I had the audacity to chose something else.  Well he doesn't know me very well now does he?  Usually I just tell the wait staff to chose for me--I'm sure that would have gone over much better.

Great place and good waiter--just expect to be treated like family (think annoying little sister). The food was delicious and very surprising for the look of the place. Go for the fun, stay for the food. Anyone up for a bike ride through the cemetery and a little lamp lit nosh?

Midtown Minneapolis (what ever that means)
2229 East 35th Street (a bit tricky to find if you happen to...ahh...leave the address at home--What? I was in a hurry)
612.728.9871                      
www.chatterboxpub.net

1 comment:

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

Good find. I'm gonna have to check it out. Hey, get to work though would ya. All this fun stuff if makin' me jealous!