Friday, November 7, 2008

Playing Hooky.

Yesterday I did something that I don't do often enough...I skipped out on all of my duties, headed north and spent the day with my cousin (the cute blond in the middle). It was a bit of a road trip as it is almost an hour...I'm still trying to figure out why we all choose to live in the boondocks.

So we were sitting at her kitchen table sipping our coffee (none of your business if we added anything to it) and covering all topics of girl talk when she got up to answer the phone. She was talking sweetly to whomever was on the other end when I saw (from the corner of my eye) her reach into a drawer and grab a hand gun...yep, silver and black about 8" long. Hmm...wasn't quite prepared for that. I tried not to stare as she walked to the front door, pulled it open (I couldn't see her at this point, but I'm pretty sure she cocked the gun-do you even do that with a hand gun?) and shot right out the front door. She came walking back around the corner (off the phone) with a sneaky little grin on her face. I tried to narrow my eyes back to a normal diameter, but I think she caught on to the fact that I was a little freaked out.  Turns out it was a BB gun and she was aiming at the squirrels raiding her bird feeders...good thing for the furry critters that her aim was a bit off. Now I know why we live in the Boondocks...and what I am going to put on my Christmas list.

1 comment:

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

Boondocks/Rednecks it's all good!