Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Going to the Dentist.


Just a friendly little visit to the dentist...but the second time recently that I was rendered speechless. The wee Wild One was sitting in the chair waiting for the dentist to come back in when the hygienist started asking him questions. She wanted to know what his favorite food is. Well that's easy, everyone knows it's "green noodles," but he has to clarify for the hygienist who doesn't understand, "You know the Pesto Cavatappi from Green Noodles?" She continues to question whether he ever gets to eat that at home. He seems a little exasperated by her, but says that we sometimes eat it at home with tortellini or ravioli, but that at home we mostly just eat "alcohol sauce." Now, I know what he means and you may know what he means, but she looked horrified...and when I couldn't speak it looked even worse. I am not a blusher and when you read about people in books whose necks and faces grow bright red when they are embarrased it just doesn't make sense to me. Now it does. I felt the heat climb up my neck, then slowly up my face (I shouldn't have been so embarrassed, I should have been worried about a call from child services). About the time the heat hit my forehead, I started mumbling about the "Vodka Sauce" we eat on our pasta. I just kept talking really fast and she looked at me and said, "Yeah that sounds good, I'll have to look for that next time I go to the store." I'm sure she will...just before she makes that call to social services.

3 comments:

Beth in NC said...

LOL ... I just stumbled upon your blog, but this story is hilarious. I can visualize this conversation. Ha. I'm trusting you didn't get a call. :o)

Beth

Henry said...

oh dang...I'm glad mine doesn't talk that clearly yet!

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

Oh man! If they only knew...