Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Who's addicted?

I have to say, there is something about the olympics that just sucks me in. I am not in the regular habit of watching TV (I honestly don't even know who McDreamy is and when my mom and the Big Guy get together and start talking sleuths and psychics my eyes glaze over), but since 8.8.08 I've clocked enough hours to make the best couch potato jealous. Do they call them bed sores if they come from a couch? Actually they might have to call mine shoe sores as I am usually watching on the run...or running in between. It's like a real life fantasy. Super human people (the littlest Wild One cannot believe they are "really for real") that are regular people...like the 41 year old mom swimmer...hmmm. And then bring on the competition. I sit, or stand, in front of the TV screaming, "GO MICHAEL," or "GO USA." I get a little crazy-who knew? Oh and then there are the medal ceremonies...get out the kleenex. I sniffle at the national anthem...every time. To be fair, I also sniffle at the family commercials and even at a few that have nothing to do with the olympics. Kind of makes me want to get out there and learn a new sport (or walk around wearing my marathon medal)...or maybe just teach one to the Wild Ones...or perhaps sign them up for something and let someone else teach them. Maybe I'll just get another tattoo.

1 comment:

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

ditto! I LOVE the olympics!!!