Thursday, August 28, 2008

The mysteries of sleep.

I woke up this morning feeling like I needed a nap! I have to give myself a pep-talk some mornings just to get out of bed. Part of that talk usually involves bribing myself with a nap later in the day...if you're a mom-go ahead and laugh right now. I have had one nap in the last 12 years, not including the day I slept in 'til 2 pm cuz I had the "flu"-no really I did, just ask my mom (but don't ask my sister or the Big Guy). Why is it that you have to bribe, force and threaten kids to nap or go to bed at night when most adults spend time each day dreaming about a dark cool room, the soft squish of their head on their pillow, pulling up a warm flannel sheet and heavy down comforter............oh sorry, my eyes were dazing over. Is it nap time yet???

1 comment:

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

It all goes back to my theory. You should be retired when you are "midlife" so you can REALLY enjoy all of things!