Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The morning after.

My favorite time of day is early morning when the birds are chirping, the grass is wet with dew...and the kids are still snuggled soundly in their beds. I like to walk around with a hot cup of tea and marvel at the land I live on. I love the daisies that grow wild in the yard (and so carefully try to mow around them) and the endless sea of green. Today as I walked around the front I noticed the tire swing rocking in the breeze and thought how peaceful it was sitting there waiting to be ridden. I thought about it, I really did. Then I remembered my last "horsy ride" in the front yard. I will save that story for another blog when I unearth the evidence (aka photos) let's just say I ended up in surgery and the "horse" ended up in greener pastures. Then, I looked over and saw the Rolling Rock on the bench and figured with my luck I'd get on the horse and someone would drive up, think I was already drinking  and call for social services. I opted for another sip of tea and a stroll through my gardens.

1 comment:

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

I sure am glad you didn't find cousin Lori passed out behind the hedge... coulda happened.