Thursday, July 17, 2008

You know you shouldn't, but you do it anyway.

Have you ever done something that you know you should have done differently while you were doing it, but were lazy, rushing or just didn't give a damn? Then when you were in the middle of it and something started to go wrong, you wished you could take it back and do it right the first time, but you couldn't because the action was already in motion and you just had to stand there and watch the bad thing happen? Then you stood back, surveyed the damage and said, "What was I thinking?" You swear that the next time you will be less lazy, less rushed or will actually pretend to give a damn. Then...the next time you are in this situation you stop yourself when you lapse back to the lazy way and remind yourself of what happened last time, but stop again and think,"That won't happen again." Well, you might be wrong. I say this as I stand looking at garbage lying all over my driveway. I swear each time I take the garbage out that it will be fine to hold the lid open with one hand and swing the bag back and forth 'til it goes up over the side and lands with a thud inside the great big can. It is faster and more efficient to do it this way...unless the bag breaks (again) and I have to spend 10 minutes cleaning up the scattered garbage-or I could quickly walk away, pretend I didn't see it and blame it on these. Oh right, I'd still have to clean it up later. Maybe it's not my approach, perhaps it's all in the bag.

1 comment:

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

Wow, you struck a nerve. Unfortunately, this a prefered practice of mine and I kick myself for crap like this all the time!