Monday, July 28, 2008

Appies is not the new kid in town.

I texted a message to the oldest Wild One that I was going for appies at Saffron. They "heard" that I was going to Appies to eat saffron. Go figure. I don't care what you call it or what you think you are eating...do not miss this place. It is in an old warehouse building in Minneapolis (which in my book is reason enough to try it in the first place)and has a rich, sophisticated atmosphere, but without the attitude from the wait staff. We were greeted at the door by the owner-who was expecting us (helps to have friends that know friends that know friends...or just hang with the Big Guy-he knows everyone) and seated at the bar (just a quick snack-or so we thought-before the Tom Petty concert). We ordered a couple of items to share based on the recommendation of the bartender and also enjoyed something delivered by the owner to sample. The food was mouth wateringly (it's a word in my world) delicious. We had Beef Carpaccio with truffle brown butter vinaigrette, hazelnuts and tarragon; Fried Mussels with onions and tahini sauce; and Parisian Gnocchi with black truffle telaggio fondue, green apples and oyster mushrooms. If your mouth is not watering then something must be misconnecting in your neuronal path. I took the liberty of checking out the happy hour and dessert menus and can't wait to go back. This week is kind of busy, but next week looks good. Grab a shimmery blouse, some strappy sandels and give me a call...my taste buds are doing cartwheels.

1 comment:

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

Ok that all sounds great, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE CONCERT??? THAT MUSTA ROCKED! I LOOOOOOOVVVVE TOM PETTY!