Tuesday, June 3, 2008

It's still raining...which reminds me...

Just what you always didn't know you needed. (Say that 5 times fast). Last May while reliving-literally-my college days, I was meandering down Washington from my historic old classroom to the 16 (Minneapolis' finest transportation) AND minding my own business.I remember a feeling of gloom(regarding the weather) and thinking that things could not get much worse--why do we always have to put out a challenge!? Just then a bus approached me from behind (and I picture the driver saying "Hey everybody--watch this!") and hit the biggest puddle you have ever seen (which you would have thought that if it was so big that I would have seen it too). The spray completely covered me--I was soaked from umbrella covered head to non-waterproof shoe covered toes. Since I was sure of the bus drivers previous comment and that all eyes were on me--I kept on walking, never missed a beat. I pretended like there was not muddy slop dripping off my nose or ice cold water sliding down my back--until that bus pulled away. I stubbornly stood on the corner and waited in the freezing rain until the next bus came. I may have squished when I sat down, but at least I didn't have to sit next to someone who saw it happen. 

1 comment:

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

Hilarious! Been there done that before...sucks...