Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Perfect Pair.

I don't know if it was the lack of sleep or being locked in the frigid garage for hours with Papa Elf (on New Years Eve), but I had the most amazing dream that night. Let it be know that Papa Elf is the Big Guy's number one fan and takes great pains in making sure I know it. This all comes at a time when I have been eyebrow deep in grease trying to make sure that all the "gears" in my life are properly oiled and tuned. So after deep debates regarding life and marriage I dream that the Big Guy and I are playing cards. Not just any game, but WAR. You know the one where you each take half the deck and flip them over one at a time-the high card takes both cards? Well into the game we each flip a card over...both nines. Well yelled,"WAR," and laid three cards face down and flipped over another card...both queens...three more cards face down, one more face up...both kings...three more cards face down, one more face up...both jacks. The Big Guy started to get freaked and stared directly, intently into my eyes...we both new it was a perfect match. I guess some things are just meant to be.

No comments: