Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Tasty Tuesday



Yeah, I know, it's not Tuesday.  But what I have to tell you happened on Tuesday and it sure was tasty.  I have decided that everyone deserves a new review now and then, so I'll start with food cuz "gosh darnit I'm good at it".
My fantasy is a little cottage near Lake Harriet--you know walking distance to coffee shops and unique boutiques (and I suppose a quick jog around the lake).  Picture a nice sunny day, snow melting into pools along the sidewalk and a quaint little neighborhood...just off the lake.  I stumbled across a little cafe nestled in an old fire house-station 28.

Cafe Twenty Eight  2724 West 43rd  Street,  Minneapolis

Much of the food is organic and purchased from local vendors.  They also have a beer that is brewed by the owner of the cafe (I will be back soon to try that)!  The food was fabulous--familiar items with savory twists such as a tuna melt with a hint of Latin spices...yuummmm.  We also had a salad with pistachios, pears and gorgonzola and a grilled ementhaller and ham sandwich--on thick homemade bread (mouth watering yet?)

I'm going to rate on a scale of 11 (cuz I can and it's my favorite number)
Food:  10
Atmosphere: 9 (neat nooks and crannies and some hallway seating, but close quarters)
Service: 8 (totally sufficient, but nothing spectacular)
Price:  8 (med high for lunch, but great food and large portions)
Overall:  Go there!!  It is great for a rendezvous with your sweetie, lunch with "the girls" or even a snack with the little ones.  Let me know what you think.

Next week...a new taste in a new neighborhood.  

1 comment:

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

This looks fab! But seriously stop messing around on a school day will ya?